Roleplair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draco's Ban Appeal. Plead your case.

4 posters

Go down

Draco's Ban Appeal. Plead your case. Empty Draco's Ban Appeal. Plead your case.

Post by Edgar Decay Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:36 am

For awhile now there has been issues and drama pertaining Draco and alot of people are just not happy about it all. I can understand both sides of the matter and I am entirely a neutral party on the situation. I have seen how drastic the situation changes. Draco, you were warned on the situation I know more than once and you were fueling the fire when it could have easily been put out. That being said, some of the mods were also fueling the fire as well. We are the ones that are supposed to set the example. I understand things get heated and people get angry. It happens, it's being human. What is done, is done.

The situation will now be handled by me and it will be solved here and now. You are getting your appeal Draco. You have one last chance to plead your case as everyone deserves the fair shot at redemption. I for one think the situation was handled poorly on both sides. If you have an opinion, talk it out privately among the person and if it is a fight, please do not take the grudge to here or Chatzy because people want to roleplay, not deal with this sort of stuff. If you have an issue or problem, bring it personally to the staff or write it up on the feedback section of roleplair.

I don't care if there is one person or thirty within the room, if you have an issue, do not take it to the room. That goes for everyone honestly. OOC is fine, but when you start fighting among eachother out of character, people don't want or need to see that. Don't offer to take it to PM, you take it to PM first thing. Doesn't matter if you are alone or not as sooner or later other people will come and see it. I can see why others were giving you a taste of your own medicine and showing you what you do, but I can't condone that either.

We are the trendsetters for everyone and we set the way for others. We are supposed to be the ones that set the examples for others to follow. I cannot say I want anyone to follow either examples.. The situation was escalated to a point it shouldn't have been.

For now on I will handle situations as I would on Roleplair. You have 3 strikes with me and then you are out. The other mods have given you every chance, but I am letting you plea your ban. I can't promise it will make a difference because some are already done and their mind made up, but I am giving you the chance Draco atleast to say why you deserve unbanned. This will not turn into a fight or anything. You tell us why, and we will vote on it. That's it. Once you make your plea and it's voted on, that's it.
Edgar Decay
Edgar Decay
Admin

https://roleplair.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Draco's Ban Appeal. Plead your case. Empty Re: Draco's Ban Appeal. Plead your case.

Post by Elseria Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:55 am

All I have to say on this, is that the Spirit and Life of Haven is a safe place where you can be what ever your mind thinks up. It has no room for judgement and harsh criticism. I think this is something that many of us have forgotten.

I understand fully Draco's point of view, how his picking at others is a means of trying to encourage them to better their role play, but most of the users of Haven do not come on for this, and I find that all it does is cause arguments and tensions in the room, and make other or new users feel unwelcome, or unwilling to attempt to play.

Everyone here is at fault, for yes, emotions were allowed to be put in the way, but the main reason that I say " Yes " to this ban, is for this

I am really against Draco's view on a room we created long before he came around. I like to keep Haven free of being judged openly, because it kills a persons spirit. Yes, I know this is the internet and " people cant' get offended so easily over things on the internet " but they do. It happens, and being a constant catalyst even knowing that things are going to go down, and even being asked repeatedly to stop isn't helping the soul of the room at all.

Sorry Draco, but you are neither a creator or an Admin of Haven, and it is not your place to tell us how to run a room that has been here for going on 3 years. The method we have had in place works for us, and if you personally don't like the level other RPers are at, or how I choose to have the room supported, then that is quite fine with me.

I may be " encouraging people to do less than mediocre " rp's but, if they are having fun with it then let them be who they are..

As you may have noticed I myself do not do very well with conflict of any kind, which is why I have stepped into the background for awhile and let Edgar become the head of this. He remains neutral, and clear headed, and all this is is a post stating why I choose to vote " Yes ".
Elseria
Elseria

Back to top Go down

Draco's Ban Appeal. Plead your case. Empty Re: Draco's Ban Appeal. Plead your case.

Post by Adam Carter Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:49 am

I choose to vote yes as it has become quite evident how this has affected the chat room of Haven. The atmosphere and environment within it is just deteriorating, and like what was mentioned in the post above, it is ruining the fun of users and making them feel unwelcome in Haven. One person should not dictate how another should roleplay, for whatever reason.

Also I have witnessed the many arguments that have occurred in OOC as a result of Draco. I choose never to worry about other peoples opinions, but I am not fond of others pushing it upon others and trying to make them follow those same ideals. This is why I choose to vote yes, as I just simply wish to see that Haven can continue to be a place where all Roleplayers are welcome, and can be given the chance to enjoy themselves in a land free from reality.
Adam Carter
Adam Carter

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Edgar Decay Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 pm

The appeal has been denied. The majority vote has ruled against the claim of Draco being reinstated. As for suspicions of new characters popping up with similarities. If any character is under suspicion, it will be internally investigated and will be dealt with accordingly. This also bans Draco from Roleplair forums. The decision is final.
Edgar Decay
Edgar Decay
Admin

https://roleplair.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum